Home  •  FAQ  •   Moderators Manual  •   Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

Need help! View next topic
View previous topic
Grim-Fodder
Private
Private

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've been trying to download new maps for CoD4 as well as using the ones that I like from other servers and start my own server locally (whether or not I put it online or run one LAN) but can't seem to be able to get the maps I want to show up as selectable.

Anyone able to give me a hand with that? Preferably on vent if possible as things seem to never quite work exactly as someone posts. I know this because I've been trying to research this online and I've seen so many different answers and have tried just about all of them.

Fodder
GRIM-GENERAL
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Activate the mod the maps came with.
Grim-Fodder
Private
Private

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It's not a mod thing. I understand what you are saying and I thought that would be it too. The grim mod seems to be the only one that actually has different maps I can choose from.

What I am saying is that I have downloaded several maps....maps not mods....just individual maps that seem pretty cool at least from the screenshots. I would like to take the different maps I have (whether I've gotten them from playing and the game auto downloads them or if I found them online and downloaded them manually. I made sure that I was just downloading maps..not mods when I downloaded them.

I've seen lots of talk about .cfg (config) files but I'm not sure what I need to edit a .cfg file. One post made it seem almost like making a shortcut for the multi player .exe file then editing that and putting command lines in it. /shrug

Anyways it's been good seeing you on cod4 a few times lately. Maybe we can get some of the old crew together some night and play some GRIM Mod. I like the USA mods but half the time I have to leave their vent because some people are serious whiners. Constantly ***** about this person or that person. I've had my doubts on some of them but I don't say much about it. I may spectate them for a bit just for peace of mind though. But some of these guys are just plain a**holes to people. I definitely don't feel the connection like I did with the GRIMs.

Talk to you later,
Fodder

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic