Home  •  FAQ  •   Moderators Manual  •   Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 
 
 Harmless Pranks View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topicReply to topic
Author Message
GRIM-COMMAND
Guest





PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

1. "Break" Your Victim's LCD Screen with Wallpaper

Want to put a crack into that shiny new widescreen monitor? Download the broken LCD desktop wallpaper, set it as your victim's desktop wallpaper and hide the taskbar and icons.


2. Fake a Desktop with Screenshot Wallpaper

Freak out your co-worker or family member by faking out their Windows desktop with an unclickable facade: Take a screenshot of their current desktop, then set it as the desktop wallpaper. Hide the actual taskbar and disable desktop icons (right-click the desktop and choose "Arrange Icons By" and uncheck "Show Desktop Icons.") When your victim returns to the computer, watch the futile clicking begin.

(To take a screen shot: Hit the print screen button on your keyboard, go to start>accessories>paint , open paint , hit "ctrl" + "v". Save the file, right click file and set as desktop background.)


3. For XP computers: Monitor Display Turns Sideways or Upside Down
(For Vista: Keys will have to be set manually. Right click on desktop>personalize>display settings>advanced settings>control center>hotkeys tab>hotkeys manager.)

The Ctrl-Alt-Direction key sequence is supposed to be used for changing your workspace. On my computer at work it changes the screen orientation.

Ctrl-Alt-Up - right side up

Ctrl-Alt-Right - 90 degrees

Ctrl-Alt-Down - 180 degrees

Ctrl-Alt-Left - 270 degrees
(If that doesn’t work, try Ctrl-Shift-R)

This is a feature in Windows XP Tablet PC Edition. Which makes sense. But it looks like ATI Intel copied the keystroke for the same “feature” in their video card drivers. I can’t think of a good reason why I would need an always-on keystroke for this on a desktop PC.

When creating a keystroke-mapped feature that only 1% of your customers will want to use and the other 99%[1] are going to be confused by, put in a menu option to disable it and have it disabled by default.

To fix the issue press Ctrl-Alt-Up. To permanently fix the problem go to:

Start >> Control Panel >> Display >> Settings >> Advanced

Where it is after that it dependent upon your video card.
Display posts from previous:      
Post new topicReply to topic


 Jump to:   



View next topic
View previous topic
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


DOWNLOAD OUR TOOLBAR



The Grim Reapers Clan 16th Year Running - All rights reserved GrimClan © 1998/2014
Powered by phpBB © 2001/3 phpBB Group :: FI Theme :: All times are GMT - 5 Hours