Home  •  FAQ  •   Moderators Manual  •   Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

BF2 View next topic
View previous topic
Grim-Fodder
Private
Private

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

wow. Was just looking at some vids for this game and it does look pretty awesome. Is this what you guys tend to play most? Command said something about Crysis but I don't know a lot about it.

Let me know what you guys seem to play the most as funds are a bit limited atm so I can't go hog wild right now on my gaming.

Fodder
GRIM-GENERAL
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

yep, regular bf2 is the most common game played now days.
Grim-Fodder
Private
Private

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

OK. After watching the vids and being totally bored with the games I have, I downloaded the complete set last night. I've been up all night playing it. Pretty strange single player game. For the longest time, I thought i was still playing a multiplayer game. I was trying to ask people questions. I'm such a n00b. <sigh>

Anyways I'll be game for doing some of this whenever. I'm still pretty confused on how all the different things for the game but **** it seems pretty sweet so far.

I'll try to get the others to get it but Cooper was saying something about you guys having a way for them to play at least the standard BF2 without going out and getting it. Dunno if that was true or not so let me know and I'll pass it on to them.

Fodder
GRIM-GENERAL
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

cooper was mistaking. yes the single player is just like the multiplayer game on with ai soldiers. we can try a direct connect to the grim server but I dont think it will work. bf2 is 10 bucks at most stores so just pick up a copy as soon as you can spare it. its well worth it.
Grim-Fodder
Private
Private

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I've been playing with setting up my own BF2 server and I'm running into some difficulties. I'm hoping someone will be able to help.

I start the standalone server program and go through everything but it doesn't show up on the BF2 multiplayer listings. I'm guessing it has something to do with the fact that I'm behind a router. I have all my firewalls turned off and I'm a DMZ computer on the router.

The server IP is supposed to match the interface ip according to the standalone program. It says for the server IP section "This setting allows you to set your server IP address. This setting needs to match the interface ip setting." and vice versa for the interface ip section. Both have a drop down menu that allows you to select from the detected network addresses and they see both my network address assigned by the router for my computer and my Hamachi network address assigned by Hamachi for that program. I can select either one.

I have tried settings for both my cable company assigned ip (72.243.241.72) and my nic address assigned by the router and both ways I get the same error message. Debug assertion failed! then it gives my server and build versions and a path for, what I can only assume is, the file it is trying to execute. The weird thing is (now that I'm trying to explain it I noticed) the path it is giving is for my DVD rom drive. I don't have a CD/DVD for this game because it was a digital download from the EA website.

Anyone with any clues or similar problems with a workaround, please let me know.

Fodder
GRIM-GENERAL
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Your using the right ip's you just need to check the box that say allow Nat Negotiation.

If you want the game to show up in the online lobby check the Internet box also.

The Server Ip and Interface IP must both match TYPE in the 74.I'm a Sicko.I'm a Sicko.I'm a Sicko address.

Try pointing it to the exe inside the ea downloader.

I use these server programs at www.bf2cc.com instead of the one that came with the game.

BF2CC Daemon (Server)
http://www.bf2cc.com/downloads/BF2CCD_1.4.2446.zip

and

BF2CC (Client)
http://www.bf2cc.com/downloads/BF2CC_Client_1.4.2452.zip
Grim-Fodder
Private
Private

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Which ea downloader are you talking about? The program EA uses to download the digital purchase? I don't see anywhere in the server program that allows me to change a path.

I downloaded the programs you linked but I use .net 2.0 and it says I *MUST* use .net 1.1. I'm really not wanting to roll back my .net. I need 2.0 to use for my UI in another game.

BTW your comms and bf2 server has been down all day.

Fodder

P.S. I don't have my copy of the original ghost. I was hoping it was on the old drive but nothing was recognized on that drive.
GRIM-GENERAL
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The server file you can edit is in My Documents\Battlefield 2\ServerConfigs.
there you can edit the path and ip etc..
Grim-Fodder
Private
Private

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Haven't had much luck editing that file. I see it but don't see anywhere in it that allows you to change the file path. I did find something interesting though and it's virtually gotten rid of all the "your connection to the server has been lost" errors I've been getting. Seems that BF2 doesn't work well with duel processors. Once you start the game, you have to alt tab out and go into task manager and set the affinity for the game to only a single processor. Works great. I'm even able to join my own games now whereas before I would almost immediately get disconnected.

One thing I'm not able to do is to set my server as a ranked server. Any tricks to doing that?

Fodder.
GRIM-COMMAND

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I run dual processors with no problems, but I have noticed that on some vista systems, the user acount control setting sometimes cause you to get kicked after a few minutes of playing. This doesn't happen on all our vista pcs though. If anyone does disable the setting, make sure to turn it back on, when you close the game.

Most of the problems that cause you to get kicked from the game has to do with punkbuster. It must be updated. if the update does not correct problem, install the update manually. Also, low pings will cause punkbuster to kick you. Battlefield 2 hogs a lot of bandwidth.
Grim-Fodder
Private
Private

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well most of my problems in game have not been punkbuster related. I already did the manual install and update right at the beginning (I think one of you advised doing that from the start) so that may be why I rarely have any punkbuster issues. My biggest problem was always the "your connection to the server has been lost" error that drops me from games. And I mean a lot and often. I could not even connect to a standalone I create without getting that error. I run xp pro 64bit. Either way there is no doubt that by setting the affinity so that bf2 only runs off one processor has worked. I have never gotten the error since doing that. Performance has not been affected either.

BTW I thought you guys were running dedicated servers for bf2. It's never up when I look.

Fodder
GRIM-TINMAN

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ditto to the server quote,never able to connect....Me and Devildog play here daily....64.34.186.176 pretty good server with ff off and armor. Minimal hacks ,if any
GRIM-GENERAL
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Our current monthly donations do not allow enough internet upgrades to run bf2 24/7.
I will launch the bf2 upon request, just give me a page or something.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic