Home  •  FAQ  •   Moderators Manual  •   Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

Will be gone for a couple weeks probably... View next topic
View previous topic
Infernal_Chaos

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I mostly play BFP4F as far as you all are concerned. And I often play the clan Oman server, usually everyday. I've had alcohol addiction problems more often than not in my life. Ten years ago, when it got bad, I cured myself by just chilling and sitting in the basement for two weeks, listening to relaxation CDs. I think the time has come for me to once again solve the problem which has re-emerged.

Video games can be pretty stimulating and although they bring me a lot of joy, I won't have that joy if I die so I'm going to do the relaxation thing again and just try to completely chill for a couple weeks and dry out. And I hope to be back better than ever after that then!

If there are any young people who read these forums or are in the clan, take it from me that drugs and alcohol can end up being very bad things. When I was a teen, I never listened that they can hurt you, and they have almost killed me many times now. So just take it from an older guy to be extremely careful about that. Get a good education and a good job, and a good spouse..... And wish me luck in my recovery! See you in two weeks!
Infernal_Chaos

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I feel a lot better already. My fear after I wrote the post is that people will dislike me because of this. But the way I see it, I am trying to do the responsible thing by recognizing and solving the problem. I also have an interesting proposition that relates to the clan coming when this two weeks is over, but I will not reveal until then. I am actually not a clan member but I have what might be a very interesting proposal should I/when I become one. Hope all is well with everyone!
tactic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

wont ever hold personal issues against u bud...ur fun to chat with and play with on OMAN

...Blastin_U...

Corporal
Corporal

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Best of luck to you Chaos. I am quite older (54 today actually) and have had my issues through the years too. I find the friends i have met here and other clans are/have been a great help to me.

I'm sure all of us are cheering for you and wish you best. You will get past this, as you have said, you've done it before.

*GRIM_EAGLE*

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Every single ounce of support, I appreciate greatly. Really. I have learned that addiction is truly a disease just as bad as cancer, although most young people do not realize this. But I hope they do because once you are addicted to something, it can take 10 years, sometimes much more, to fix your life.

What I have done since I originally posted was go to my trusted doctor, told him everything, and told him that I could probably never quit without librium (I had read that this medication is effective in withdrawal symptoms.). My doc is a GREAT guy. He spent almost an hour and 20 minutes talking to me about all things addiction and said he would give me the librium. The medicine helps a LOT. I am finally having happy days where I can see that the world is so great again, and I am grateful for all I have received in life. When you are depressed, angry, or addicted (or all), you fail to see how many good things in life there are.

I am certainly not at the end yet but I have been more happy the last few days than I have been in jeez, I dunno, maybe 8 years?! I can "see the light" again. Drugs and alcohol blacken the world so you can't remember who you were before. I definitely thought I was going to die from this, without question. And I am not saying that to get attention. I DEFINITELY thought I would die from this. I did the right thing by going to my doctor, being honest, and getting the medicine to treat it. I know that there is probably still a month of "walking out of Hell" here but as far as I can tell right now, I am going to survive, and these last few days are making me more grateful and humble than I have ever been.

The main reason I ever even shared this is because I did not believe as a high-schooler that drugs and alcohol could ruin your life and I know a lot of young people play games and I just want you to definitely believe that you can save 10 or more years of absolute agony from your life by just staying away from this stuff, even alcohol. I'm lucky that I survived. Very lucky. When I was about 18, my uncle died of liver failure from this around age 50. God is offering me a chance to get out of this and live and I am mega-grateful. I have to keep taking the librium for a while and still won't be playing the game for a while but I just wanted to say what's been happening. Looks like I'm going to survive. That's a very good sign. TTYL!
Infernal_Chaos

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just thought I'd get back in the forums because GENERAL told me that he upgraded the service so that the website will be more reliable now. I think that's cool.

I'm still dealing with my addiction but I decided to go back to AA and I'm glad I did. For a month or two, I got all mad at my problems so I stopped going and stuff. But it does do good for me. Not sure this is highly-related to games we play but I saw that well over 1,700 people viewed this thread so maybe if it helps someone, you know, I'm glad to share.

There are actually way more people than you think who deal with addictions and I think that being honest and putting it out there helps others who run into the problems. So... No, I'm not perfected yet. But I was basically glad I went back to AA today. I usually feel better about going. And if anyone reads this who has addiction.. I mean, it's REAL common. Around 10-12% of the population deals with addiction issues so it's greater than 1 out of 10 people. Nothing weird about it.

The games I play have helped me keep my sanity through my troubles, so I'm glad of that. And I always love when I get into a game and see people I know in there. Fun stuff. PEACE

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic